1. Do I need a visa to work as a volunteer in Africa?
YES, Most countries in Africa require an entry clearance. Please consult your home embassy/consulate for details of visa requirements. Helpafrica will however assist you with an invitation letter and other relevant clearance documents demanded by the immigration authorities.
2. What is the maximum duration of time a volunteer can stay?
Duration of volunteering range from 1 month to 12 months and it is renewable.
3. Do i get a salary as a volunteer?
4. Who pays for the cost of travel, accomodation and feeding?
Helpafrica organization, thanks to the generous support of our donors.
5. How long do i work as a volunteer per day?
Averagely 8 hours per day from Monday to Friday. Saturdays and Sundays are reserved for rest. However, volunteers may make optional guided trips around the country sides on weekends.
6. Do i need to perform tasks that i am not trained for?
7. Are there any times in the year that you can not accept volunteers?
NO, Positions are available all year round except for volunteers who wish to teach who are not adviced to come between June and August and between mid December and mid January.
8. Can students be accepted as volunteers?
We want to bridge the gap between the needy rural communities and those who want to assist these communities. We welcome volunteers irrespective of sex, race, religious or political affiliation to assist in our projects. It should also be reteirated that volunteers will have the opportunity to be exposed to new cultures, make new friends and get new experiences. The success of our projects depends on the commitment and enthusiasm of our volunteers. Your time, skills and knowledge are indispensable in our efforts to empower rural African communities. Volunteer positions are opened round the year.
For more information please Contact us.
Last edited: 2021-07-04